The last week or so has been rather busy, but I’ve still managed to continue plugging along on my many projects. To help keep things straight I’ve decided to tackle this post (and probably future ones) in list form. Here’s how things stand this week:
Quick Finishes (or the “finish it already!!” group):
- Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging – needs binding
- Bailey Island Hobo from Aunties Two Patterns – needs handles – drapery grommets?
- Shattered – needs quilting and binding
- fleece quilt (pictured here) – need to finish sewing nine patch blocks, need to finish sewing together rows and then needs some sort of binding to help keep it square-ish – but mostly waiting on inspiration.
This is where the linen went that was supposed to be used to make my own bread bag. The grey and yellow print is one that I picked up the Saturday after Thanksgiving when it was only $1.99 a yard. I picked up quite a bit of fabric that day, some of which became skirts for my daughters and some of which is sitting in my stash waiting for me to be inspired. I’m struggling a bit with the embroidery – mostly because my abilities don’t quite match my desires. I wanted to try and echo the pattern in the highlight fabric, but my french knots need more practice before that would be a reality. After muddling around for awhile I finally landed on the scattered stitches on the left which I’m loving to pieces.
embroidery piece for my linen bread bag
Remember the linen bread bag I made my mom? This was supposed to be the decoration for a matching bag of my very own, but then, of course, purse and here we are – cute little double-decker bus and no linen for the bread bag.
Finished this week:
- Tea Party Doll Dress from “Oliver+S Little Things to Sew” x2
- linen bread bag
- mama’s stuff sewing organizer from Sweetwater (finally! put on the button I mentioned last week)
I actually complete two of these this week (check out last week’s post to see both sets of fabrics), but I was so focused on getting my mom‘s to her that I didn’t even stop to take a picture. I am so glad I left the decorative band off the cover for mine. I didn’t want anything to distract from the fabric.
My favorite part of the cover? The cotton twill ribbon made to look like a tape measure, of course! I got mine from BrownBirdMarket over on Etsy. Now that it’s finished I’m thinking a new pen is in order. I’m not letting that hold me up, though, as I’ve already begun to fill the first few pages with my project list and a few of my own ideas. LOVE it!
Time Sensitive/Need to Get Started ASAP:
- red/gold bunting for Imbloc/Chinese New year (need to purchase fabric)
The Great Big Wish/To Do List:
From “Sewing in No Time” by Emma Hardy:
- fireplace screen
- drawstring toy bags
- fabric covered storage box
- floor pillows
- floral pillow with ties
From “Quilt Revival” by Nancy Mahoney:
- 30’s Shadow Star
From “Oliver+S Little Things to Sew by Liesl Gibson:
- tutu (x2)
- reversible bucket hat (x3)
- travel quilt (?)
From “Handmade Home” by Amanda Blake Soule:
- beach blanket
- Lazy Days Skirts (x3 or more) – with my girls you can never have enough skirts
- Popover Sundress (x2) plus doll dress (x2)
- A Day in the Park Backpack Tote (?)
- Have it All Wallet
- Tea Party Dress (x2)?
- Blouse + Pleated Skirt (x2)?
From “Little Stitches” by Aneela Hoey:
- Empire State Building Needle Case
- Rain, Rain Go Away Hanging Hoop
From “Liberty Book of Home Sewing” by Liberty of London:
- Sugar Bag Doorstop
- Toiletry Bag
- Bean Bag
- Keepsake Board
Seeing Squares (small) from Empty Bobbin
Batik Squares quilt (my own design)